Six iron bridges were built in Indian Territory during the years 1859-60. Cut stone abutments were constructed on each side of the stream beds for the bridge frames to be placed on. The bridge types were the Square Whipple bowstring bridge. The design for this bridge was acquired by J. W. Murphey, civil engineer for the Pencoyd Iron Works in Pencoyd, Pa. The owners were two brothers A.&P. Roberts. Most of the bridges were destroyed during the Civil War by Confederate Troops, to slow down the movement of Union Troops. A diligent search for the remains of these abutments by myself and others. A few years ago we located the Beale Abutments for the Little River Bridge located south of Holdenville. The photos below shows what the abutments look like.